This blog is dedicated to the life and times of an extraordinary dog named Guinness.
All of you who knew Guinness know that I've always told him he has Puppy Powers. Despite losing his right hind leg to bone cancer (osteosarcoma) early this year, Guinness continued to be his same good-natured, food-loving, gentle, yet silly self right to the end. It was during this time his Puppy Powers turned into Pirate Puppy Powers!

Friday, May 29, 2009

News at 11

I'm off to J's kindergarten graduation this morning, but will fully update on yesterday's happenings. I can say quickly that all went well with Guinness's first treatment, and so far he's handling without much problem. He's panted a bit and I can hear his stomach gurgling (the biggest side effect reported is nausea, and also suppressed white blood cell count, which will be closely monitored).

Stay tuned and I will update this post with more information on what went on yesterday, in a few hours.

Also, there have been a few questions about the awesome drawing of Guinness in my previous post.  It is a drawing by none other than little Miss M (sometimes refered to as Meaf thanks to her little cousin B), our 8 year old. I'm keeping their names off the blog because this isn't totally private, but you should all know who I'm talking about.

Ta ta for now, more info to follow later on today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear things went well Shannon! I'll look forward to hearing more details later.

    ReplyDelete