This blog is dedicated to the life and times of an extraordinary dog named Guinness.
All of you who knew Guinness know that I've always told him he has Puppy Powers. Despite losing his right hind leg to bone cancer (osteosarcoma) early this year, Guinness continued to be his same good-natured, food-loving, gentle, yet silly self right to the end. It was during this time his Puppy Powers turned into Pirate Puppy Powers!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pupdate Part II: May 21, 2009

Success! 

I took Guinness outside this evening, and after a walk in the far back yard, I was able to get him up the stairs and back into the house with the sling...something he's been afraid to do before now. Yes!!

When we got inside, I tried the harness one last time, and figured out the harness expanded way more than I thought, so it fits! He isn't overjoyed with it, but once he gets used to it, we'll be able to help him out up stairs and into cars. I have Sarah and Indy to thank for that suggestion!

Here he is, the Pirate Pup in full tripawd garb:


5 comments:

  1. Guinness looks like he has that puppy spark back in his eyes! Perhaps the pain before the amputation was dragging him down. Either way, he's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, he is isn't he?
    Yarr! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and your family are wonderful for the care and love you're giving Guinness. I'm glad also to see the Pirate sense-of-humor associated with that lil' rapscalion. Arrrrr! Please wish the little Pirate Pup a happy 10th birthday from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arrrr! Who be the dungeon master? Y'ar creating a sense of mystery and piracy on this here blog! :D

    ReplyDelete